Hampton Ave, MO
3461 Hampton Ave St. Louis, MO 63139
In plaza with Knead Bakehouse and Edward Jones, across street from the Cat Clinic, south of Tilles Park, north of St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church.
Miracle-Ear is the industry leader in hearing care and cutting-edge technology. Patients who use Miracle-Ear have access to individually tailored hearing solutions that reconnect them to the people and things they care about.
If you want to significantly improve your quality of life, you should keep reading to learn more about Miracle-Ear.
Miracle-Ear is a hearing aid company with franchised and corporately owned retail locations across the United States. With over 1,500 locations, we strive to provide cutting-edge technology and hearing solutions that improve lives, relationships, and communities for our customers.
If you’re in Hampton, MO, be sure to stop by! We are located In the plaza with Knead Bakehouse and Edward Jones, across the street from the Cat Clinic, south of Tilles Park, and north of St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church.
For the best hearing aid solutions in the US, Miracle-Ear stands out from the competition. Contact our licensed, certified, and highly trained hearing care professionals today.
Hearing Loss is an issue we don’t hear nearly enough about
A wide variety of factors can cause hearing loss. It can be caused by aging, continual loud noises, disease, or even hereditary factors. Needless to say, the loss of hearing can have a profound effect on a person's life.
Conversations with friends and family can be challenging for people with hearing loss. They may also struggle to understand medical advice, respond to warnings, and hear doorbells and alarms.
According to a recent study, over 30 million Americans suffer from hearing loss. Hearing loss is more common in older adults, with research showing that one in every three people aged 65 to 74 suffers from it. In addition, hearing loss affects nearly half of those over the age of 75.
Understandably, many people may be reluctant to admit they have hearing problems. However, not treating your hearing loss on time is known to increase your risk of developing a number of health issues.
For example, hearing loss may increase the likelihood of dementia, falling, and depression. Experts believe that much of this is due to the social isolation caused by hearing loss. Some medical professionals contend that hearing loss raises the risk of heart attack, peripheral vascular disease, and stroke.
Signs of hearing loss
Hearing loss is common as people get older. However, the transition, like going gray, rarely occurs overnight. Because the onset of age-related hearing problems is often subtle, it is critical to pay attention to the early warning signs.
Here are some of the most common indications that a person may be suffering from hearing loss:
- Children's voices are muffled or unclear: When your cochlea, the inner ear organ that helps you hear, deteriorates with age, the cells that detect high-pitched sounds are usually the first to fail. This can make it difficult to understand people with high-pitched voices, such as children and women. It's also why you might not hear your microwave beep or crickets chirp at sunset.
- Following conversations in noisy places is a big challenge: Background noise is generally low-pitched in malls and restaurants, whereas many letters in speech, such as "f" and "s," are high-pitched. If you have trouble hearing high tones, the noise will be heard more clearly than the speech of those around you. Changes in how the brain processes sound as we age can also make ignoring background noise more difficult.
- Social events wear you out: When you can't hear all of the sounds of speech, your brain has to fill in the gaps in order for you to understand what others are saying. That takes a lot of concentration, especially when multiple people are speaking at the same time. All of this effort may leave you exhausted after social gatherings. If this sounds familiar to you, consult your doctor or an audiologist. Hearing aids fitted by a professional may alleviate the strain.
Hearing Aids Can Help Improve Your Overall Health
Hearing aids help reduce hearing fatigue. Thanks to the advances made in digital technology, modern hearing aids provide significantly greater clarity. Less strain and clearer hearing mean that patients can enjoy a better quality of life.
Hearing-impaired people who use hearing aids have higher self-esteem, a better self-image, and stronger communicative functioning. Hearing aids not only improve self-esteem and social life but they also help lessen the aforementioned health risks.
If you’ve been struggling with hearing problems, hearing aids can help solve many of your day-to-day problems. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy with Miracle-Ear hearing aids.
Benefits of Hearing Aids
- Increased level of comfort in listening environments: When first wearing hearing aids, sounds like clocks ticking, refrigerators, computer noise, and footsteps will appear abnormally loud. This is typical. As your brain adjusts to hearing these soft sounds, your ability to tune out these insignificant sounds will improve.
- Less interference from moderate background noise: Even with hearing aids, loud background noise will make listening difficult. If this is the source of the majority of your hearing problems, selecting hearing aids with dual microphones is critical.
- Earmolds that fit snugly and comfortably: When wearing hearing aids and/or ear molds, it is normal to experience some occlusion effect (your voice sounds louder).
Explore Our Hearing Aids
- Discreet (Miracle-EarMINI™): Our hearing aids are made to be almost imperceptible. Many of our covert choices can be worn behind the ear. These tiny hearing aids won't only be difficult for others to see, but you won't even be able to feel them.
- Rechargeable (Miracle-EarENERGY™): Our fully rechargeable hearing aids, which use cutting-edge lithium-ion technology, enable you to maintain an active lifestyle with quick and dependable charging. Hearing aids from Miracle-EarENERGY™ are hassle-free, durable, and adaptable.
- Connectable (Miracle-EarCONNECT™): You can do a lot of really cool things with Miracle-EarCONNECT™ Bluetooth hearing aids to maximize your relationships, remain effective at work, and have fun when you're not using them.
- Functional (Miracle-EarEASY™): Regardless of budget, our goal is to help everyone hear a better day. That is why we provide Miracle-EarEASY™ hearing solutions with basic features to meet your daily needs.
Contact Our Hampton Ave Office Today
Teri is awesome. Her knowledge, passion and willingness to go above and beyond are truly impressive! It was the BEST healthcare experience I’ve had in a while!
Teri and Stephanie are nothing short of exceptional. She put everything in terms I could understand, and made me feel so comfortable. Such a pleasant experience.
I received excellent education and the most thorough testing of any place I had ever gone to before. I was deeply touched by the gracious care that I received.